Horizon Europe is the EU’s key funding programme for research and innovation with a budget of €95.5 billion. It tackles climate change, helps to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and boosts the EU’s competitiveness and growth. Its ambitions goals are to facilitate collaboration and strengthen the impact of research and innovation in developing, supporting and implementing EU policies while tackling global challenges. By supporting these activities Horizon Europe seeks to create and better disperse the best of knowledge and technologies.
Horizon Europe funding is awarded based on calls for project proposals, which are published on the Funding and Tender’s Portal. The calls for proposals define the thematic areas for which funding is available and provide all criteria that need to be respected. They also include information on the total amount of budget available and the deadline for submitting a call. The National Contact Points for Horizon Europe in Malta are hosted by MCST and can assist local firms in participating the Horizon Europe programme by:
- Helping identify Horizon Europe funding opportunities that match project ideas
- Offering personalised advice on open and forthcoming Horizon Europe calls
- Discussing project ideas
- Helping identify potential partners via our European networks
- Reviewing proposals before submission
- Organizing information and training sessions and webinars
- Providing advice on project management
- Providing additional support through National funding schemes.
Work programmes set out funding opportunities under Horizon Europe and are available to view and download on the Funding and Tenders Portal –https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/how-to-participate/reference-documents