The candidate to be selected is required to take an active role designing and developing software solutions to meet business requirements. He or she will be involved in the full software development life cycle, including testing, implementation, and auditing. This will include
- Solution design, bug verification, and beta support, which generally requires research and analysis
- Maintaining quality and ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Executing, assessing, and troubleshooting software programs and applications.
- Analysing, addressing and correcting software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and participate in software upgrades and revisions.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Translating high-level requirements into detailed designs, and technical estimates of time and resources required for completion.
- Assistance in guiding developers on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems and review work of development teams.
- Proficiency with Git, or comparable distributed version control system.
Solving complex problems; taking a new perspective using existing solutions
Areas of Proficiency
- Proven software development experience
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs
- Mobile Development would be considered an asset
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Fluent in English
The vacancy provides an excellent employment opportunity for a young ambitious, creative and innovative developer who has in-depth knowledge and experience. It’s a position which is suited to those are able to work independently or within small teams. The challenges of the job are for those who are really curious and energetic about the future of the web. Mentoring abilities are particularly useful as the selected candidate will often act as a resource for colleagues with less experience. The selected candidate needs to be hard-working and able to consistently deliver technology projects on time, on budget with high quality results and satisfied clients. He or she will need to handle multiple projects/clients simultaneously. This calls for increased accountability and the ability to priorities tasks within a varied workload.
The Company is based in Ta’Xbiex and provides a comfortable office environment ideal for the team culture critical to its on-going success.
To help deal with the challenges of traffic and any personal family commitments, staff have the option to choose when to start their eight hour working days between 07.30 – 09.30 hrs
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
If you are interested in taking up the challenge, send us your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org